As a kid 365 days felt like foreeevvverrrrrrrrr. Now, much “wiser”, I whiplash my head cartoon style and wonder where the time went. Welp, another October will be here before you know it and that means it’s time to find a dress for the October Dress Project (ODP)!
A quick cap or recap for those who are new or need a refresh. ODP encourages creativity with your closet while curbing consumerism (how’s that for alliteration?!). For 31 days in October the same dress is worn in rain or shine, at work and at play. The catchall is to change it up with any accessory or article of clothing you already have in your closet.
Last year I rocked a dress I found secondhand for a couple of bucks and now I’m on the hunt for this year’s number!
Many of you expressed an interest (either virtually or personally) in joining me this year. Well, this is your reminder that you only have a handful of days left to find your dress!
Here are a few tips while looking:
1. Look in your closet first. You might already have something that will work.
2. Keep it simple. Paisleys and florescent probably won’t look like a different dress by day 2. I recommend a solid black, blue or brown with simple lines and little fuss.
3. Find a dress you can layer with jeans, leggings, sweaters, blouses, etc.
1. Once October 1st hits, no wardrobe shopping is allowed of any kind.
2. You must wear the same dress everyday.
3. Accessorize and layer as much as possible to change up your attire. Be creative! Have fun!
Good luck to all of you who join! Like last year, I will post a selection of 2013 looks in November. It’ll be here before ya know it!