I swear I’m not going to turn this into a button blog, but I’ve got another button revamp. I have these really cool fabric buttons that I’ve been wanting to do something with (these were scored at a thrift store by my hubs). I may have just the sweater to add them to, but it’s still way too hot to get inspired to even think about that right now. And I’m not sure they’d make for a good necklace, so…how about a hair doodad!
I selected another vintage button favorite from my box and threaded the holes to make it look like it was sewn to the larger button.
I added a little bobby pin to the button back
Then I glued the plastic button to the fabric button.
A ten minute project and a another use for buttons!
Now I’m going to take the time to thank two wonderful bloggers who nominated Scrap & Salvage for the One Lovely Blog Award and Seven Things About Me Award I’ve never felt so popular, especially having both noms in the same week! So thank you Edwina from re:retro and Alex from North of Seven. Edwina, you collect the best vintage stuff and I’m always eager to see what you’ll post about next. Alex, you come up with the most creative projects and I’m not sure how you find the time to do them all, but I love crafting vicariously through you!
Now I’m supposed to say 7 things about me, feel free to go shampoo your hair at this point…
1. I don’t like things to match. I prefer to have a complete table setting of mix-matched finds rather than 12 plates that look identical.
2. Autumn is my favorite “season” and I can’t wait for it to get here (season italicized because I live in Southern California. HA).
3. Most of you know this already about me, but I don’t shop. I leave that to my husband.
4. Sometimes I have complete conversations with my twin sister only quoting films and song lyrics.
5. I pretty much stick to three beverages: coffee, water, wine (and usually in that order).
6. I have two cats (mother and daughter) that really, really annoy me, but they make me smile at least twice a day.
7. I love my wordpress blog Reader and seeing that one (or several) of my blog friends has posted. Keep them coming!
Because I’ve already recommended you check out the afore mentioned blogs, I will now pay it forward and list seven other blogs you should check out (and some of these have already been nominated, so please feel free to forgo the chain mail award 😉 ):